Liquid Stucco and Liquid Siding are more than thick, durable paint. A little investigation into the company or just visiting your local distributor can verify this fact. This type of finish is a very effective repair for older structures because of its structural integrity and ability to bond with existing materials. Contractors even consider it as an excellent choice for new construction.
To repair paint chipping, fading in the sun, or other issues related to improper cleaning or repairs, Stucco Jacksonville FL provides a three-step, maintenance-free application of their award-winning ceramic coating. It can be applied over almost any type of surface, from wood to brick to concrete, or even tiles. The liquid stucco is formulated to provide a smooth, shiny and durable surface finish that resists damage from moisture, sun, and chemicals like acids.
The three step paint application process is extremely repeatable. All three coats can be applied in less than two hours with no waiting time for the next coat. Each coat also differs slightly from the last in terms of veining, texture, finish and color. One coat may need to be cured before another, while one coat might be ready the minute it arrives. Liquid stucco and Ceramic tile coating are combined to offer a clean and durable finish that resists damage from both the sun and liquids.
Because the three step application process is repeatable, many homeowners have opted to purchase the three step product and use it on their own homes. In most cases, the product is applied to the wood first, and then the ceramic tile coating is applied to the backing and base coat for a smooth, glossy and durable finish. This allows the homeowner the flexibility of being able to customize the look and feel of their home.
Other homeowners find that they like to apply their liquid stucco or ceramic tiles to their homes using paint spraying equipment or a paint roller. Using a paint sprayer makes the application process much faster, easy, and less messy, especially if there are a lot of surfaces to cover. Paint Sprayers can spray the base coat, backing and top coat in only a few short minutes, allowing the homeowner the luxury of time to accomplish other important tasks.
Liquid stucco and tile coatings vary greatly in price. They can cost anywhere between fifty and one hundred dollars per square foot, depending on the size of the surface to be covered. Smaller quantities can be purchased for lower prices, and the surfaces to be covered can be purchased in large quantities for even cheaper. One reason why it costs so much to use a liquid stucco coating is because it takes three coats to cure. However, there are products on the market that guarantee faster application of the coatings, so this should not keep a homeowner from trying one out.
For homeowners that live in areas that are constantly exposed to varying temperatures, there is no doubt that the surface to be covered by the stucco coating will wear out faster than those residing in cooler climates. Since exterior paints do not have any inherent longevity as such, they must be applied every few years for optimum benefits. Homeowners that are interested in preserving their investment and using coatings more than once should definitely consider a natural product. These types of exterior paints are often more affordable and easier to apply. Many are also less likely to chip over time, which is also something to keep in mind when shopping around.
Installing a liquid stucco paint or an elastomeric paint is not a difficult job. Homeowners should begin their project by securing all necessary tools and supplies. A trowel is essential because it will be used to spread the coating over the surface to be coated. A brush will come in handy to apply the mixture into areas that may not be able to be covered completely with the stucco paint. The mixture can be applied using either a brush or roller, depending on the application preferences of the homeowner. Once the surface has been coated, it should be allowed to dry thoroughly before the next application.
Looking to upgrade your old basement? Remodeling your crawlspace and turning it into a finished basement is definitely a doable project. However, it is also a project that needs professional knowledge, proper planning, a good budget, and at least a couple of qualified basement remodeling contractors for safety purposes. Here are some important tips that you should keep in mind when looking for contractors for basement remodeling:
– Check if the contractors are licensed. Having a contractor at Fairfax Floors who is licensed to work in your state can help you a lot with safety concerns. Professional basement remodeling contractors will have the necessary licenses for finishing a basement according to the building codes. This way, you can be assured that your finished basement will be safe enough. Having a license means that the professional contractor has gone through some serious training regarding any basement remodeling project’s safety concerns.
– Check if they can give you a comprehensive estimate on the whole basement renovation project. A cheap contractor may give you a cheap quote on a one-time simple finishing. But in a few months, things may start to change, and the remodeled basement will be way beyond the cheap estimate you got. On the other hand, a professional contractor can give you a realistic price on the whole project. This way, you can easily plan and budget for the whole project.
– Make sure that the basement remodeling contractors are not from the same company that did the original basement conversion. Ask if there are any common contracts or policies that the contractor has with his previous clients. If there are, inquire whether the mold inspection was up to date before they started working on your home. In some states, mold inspection should be done annually, but it is still best to confirm this with all the potential contractors.
– You must ask your basement remodeling contractor about the type of foundation used on your house. This is because certain basement ceiling and wall systems are vulnerable to moisture. Certain basement waterproofing systems have better performance levels than others. If you want to be absolutely sure that no moisture seepage will occur on your floors, walls, ceilings, and other structures, you should get a moisture barrier. Most basement waterproofing systems have been designed to use the existing foundation footer drain to transport excess water away from the house. However, you may want to check if your current system is still as effective as it should be.
– You should also inquire about the type of finishing methods used on the remodeled basement. Many homeowners do not mind getting a little bit of extra “cured cement” on their basements, as long as the homeowners are not doing anything to devalue the house or its value. Unfortunately, many remodeling homeowners who are expecting a finished basement modification will do just the opposite and actually damage the property.
There are basically two types of basement remodeling, exterior, and interior. Exteriors remodels generally focus on sprucing up the outside of the home. In other words, the outside of the home will get more attention as opposed to the interiors. Exterior remodeling can include repairing leaky roofing, repairing basement walls, and repairing damp crawl spaces (the places where the ground meets the foundation walls). Interior remodeling, on the other hand, tends to deal with fixing the internal problems of the house, like damp basements.
As you can see, you need to be very careful when asking questions regarding your basement remodeling. There are people out there who are not going to tell you the truth, simply because they benefit from your time and money. If you have any doubts about whether your basement remodeling project should involve new framing basement walls or an exterior lighting upgrade, then contact a reputable and licensed contractor for more information.